Food. Fashion. Fitness.

Wednesday 16 March 2011

The Gallery: Trees..


Hello..

I am finding my way around the world wide web and all things blog related. How lovely is it to find all these blogs in blog land!? I love discovering new blogs and reading blogs from all around the world.

It is my first ever week of joining in with The Gallery photo blog hop and just hope I do this right :) Ha!!

This week's theme is Tree:

My tree photo is of The Table Top Tree. A tree in between Nottingham and Worksop.

It is on the A60 road from Nottingham and near to the town of  Mansfield. Have you heard of this tree before?


I really would like a seasonal picture of this tree.4 seasons would be great!!

This tree itself reminds me of the time I ran The Mansfield Half Marathon. I did this race on the 27th June 2010.

Everything thing was going great until I turned this corner at around 7 miles mark

This was my 2nd half marathon and thought I knew everything that I needed to know about running at the start of this race.

Turns out I did not!!

Having said that I had never trained in hot weather before.

The day I ran it, it was the hottest day of the year so far.

 I dehydrated, got a migraine and had tunnel vision. All starting at this point of the race for the next 6ish miles.

It was a nightmare.

But...

I did complete.....

A kind old man even borrowed me his cap to finish the race.

Next time I will know to hydrate properly, wear sunglasses and a cap in hot weather and not too set off too fast!!

Hay hoo it is not the tree's fault, is it!?

 Anyway, such a cool tree.

Don't you think so?

Do any trees bring back memories for you?

Thanks for stopping by here today and I hope to see you soon.


SHARE:
Blogger Template Created by pipdig