Food. Fashion. Fitness.

Monday 8 August 2011

Race Day Blues ...

             
My biggest fans are my children!!

They are great at cheering me on!!

Go mum!!


I got chance to do a race last week the first one in about three months. After a great month of running in July doing at least a mile every day, I was ready to race?

 I managed to clock up 156 miles for the month my highest ever monthly total.

The only downside of running often being, I was worn out!! As my 2 eldest boy's wanted to race I thought I would give it a go.

Tired or not..


It was a really warm night and I did not feel like running exhausted and feeling sorry for myself but in the end i decided to race.As you do!!

The first few strides I got a bad stitch and was suffering in pain for the 1st mile.

I usually go of too quick but not this time, I looked around before the 1st mile marker to find I was not far from last place.

At this stage I was going to give up as I was really struggling and I did not want to get left on my own in the middle of nowhere.

Then my Garmin watch beeped at the mile marker so I looked to find it said 9 minutes for the mile ( I was expecting it to say 12 minutes) !!

It was like a weight was lifted, the stitch went and this time gave me the confidence to know I could get some time back.


4.77 miles race:
  • Mile 1= 9.00 minutes.
  • Mile 2= 8.03 minutes.
  • Mile 3= 8.09 minutes.
  • Mile 4= 8.51 minutes. (mostly uphill)
  • last 0.77= 7.48 minutes.


Average pace 8.24!! Pleased with that!!

Mile 2 felt great the stitch had lifted and I managed to keep overtaking people which was a great feeling.

Even towards the end of the race I was seemingly flying by the other runners.

There was one guy running who was perhaps doing the same as me and set off slow and was overtaking others like me.

 For the last 2½ miles this guy was with me stride for stride.

He did get a bit   lot annoying as he kept swaying in front of me and i could not shake him off.

Why can't people give you your own space? Lol.

The road was wide!!

With about ½ mile to the end I went for it and left him in my dust!!

I managed to pass a few others as well.

Now roll on the next race without the stitch!!!


Me sprinting to the end...


Me and my older 2boys after the race...

Since this race I have only just recovered,.

Not from the race.

From the bite on the leg I got!!

My leg was in pain all week and very swollen.

Anyone got any tips how to keep the insect bites away would be greatly received ...

Linking up with Mumentum:

SHARE:
Blogger Template Created by pipdig