Food. Fashion. Fitness.

Saturday 15 December 2012

Vistamar Late Harvest Moscatel Wine review ...


This week I was sent a bottle of  Vistamar Late Harvest Moscatel wine to review.

Me and my husband love to have a glass of wine or 2 especially over the weekends with a little food at supper time.

We always go for dry wines that are suitable to go with savoury foods so I was very interested in trying a dessert wine out.


I have such a sweet tooth and this sounded a great idea to me ...

About the wine:

Colour -White wine

Grape- Pink Moscatel

Origin- This dessert wine comes from LimarĂ­ valley in northern Chile, where the long ripening season produces wines with great fruit concentration.After harvesting, the grapes are partially sun-dried, reducing their water content and thus concentrating the sugars.

Taste- Straw yellow in colour, with golden highlights.

Aromas -White flowers, peach, apricots and quince carry through to a palate of more ripe stone fruits and dried fig flavours.

Enjoy- Match with sticky toffee pudding, sweet fruit cheesecake, or rich blue cheeses.

Style- Dessert wine

Closer- Natural cork

ABV- 12%

Price- £6.49

Size- Half bottle 375ml


This first thing I noticed when I opened the bottle and took a deep whiff of the wine was how strong, sweet,fruity and lovely it smelt.

I poured the wine into my glass and swished it around to watch the drop-lets to see how much alcohol the wine had in it and to see how slowly they fell. (some tips I picked up earlier this year ).

The wine reminded me of a pale sherry with the strong flavor and you can really taste and smell the fruit-

Mango came to mind. With just a small glass it warms you up nicely inside and out, leaving me with nice rosy cheeks.

It is perfectly matched with desserts and I tried a small glass with a mince pie.

I actually preferred my wine with some chopped mango when I had another glass later,better than with the cake earlier as for me it really brought out the flavours.

My husband still prefers dry wine as this was a little to sweet for him, as for me I really liked the wine and would definitely like to try some more.


The half-bottle 2011/2012 LimarĂ­ Valley 375ml Bottle is priced at special off from £6.49 to £6.24 or buy 2 for only £4.99 each at Majestic

About this post-

 I was kindly sent a bottle of Vistamar Late Harvest Moscatel wine to review,I was not paid for this post and all thoughts are my own honest opinion

SHARE:
Blogger Template Created by pipdig