Food. Fashion. Fitness.

Monday 18 February 2013

Click & Collect With Matalan...


Last week I received an email from Matalan telling me they had recently launched a click and collect service where you can buy your shopping online and collect in store.

I was also asked if I would like to try the service out and let them know my thoughts.


 If you follow my blog you will know I regularly shop at Matalan.

It is one of the only shops around where my younger children, teenage sons and husband can all find something they like.

If I happen to slip a few items into the basket then so be it!

 We find the prices to be reasonable, garment quality excellent and they always have a wide selection of clothes available.


Off I went to browse the Matalan website and after about an hour of changing my mind on what I was going to buy I placed my order and proceeded to the Matalan Click & Collect page, which was surprisingly easy to order from.

Not having to ask my husband to help me is a good sign. It must mean the website is very easy to navigate-

Step one - simply place your items into the basket then head to checkout.

Step two - select UK standard delivery option at the check out, which is free for the click and collect service

Step three - register or log in then select the collect from store option

When you order it generates an email giving you confirmation details, store information etc.

You then print this off and along with card that paid for the goods use this to collect in store.

I received updated emails during the packaging dispatch phase. Overall a hassle free system.


I ordered on Thursday and as estimated the 3 day delivery was spot on.

I received a text on Monday saying my order was ready to collect. My local Matalan is a few bus journeys away so as my husband was working late I went to pick the parcel up on Saturday.

The staff were very friendly and did not mind that I had not picked it up earlier.

I went to the customer service desk where they sent a member of staff to fetch my parcel from the stockroom.


 I really like the idea of this service.

 It combines the best of the online world with the freedom to collect when it suits you.

Quite often we order online only to miss the delivery.

Conversely you often go into a store and find what you have seen online is not in stock or is a different price. This method then, gives you the best of both worlds.


About this post-

 I was given some credit as a gift to spend on the click and collect service with Matalan. I paid the extra amount as I went over budget... All thoughts in this post are of my own opinion ...
SHARE:
Blogger Template Created by pipdig