Food. Fashion. Fitness.

Tuesday 21 January 2014

Sportsshoes Winter Running Kit Review...


It has been a hard few weeks trying to getting back into a running routine after Christmas. Throughout December I did get very lazy in my running eating loads of snacks and treats which are no good for me.


After a few weeks of over eating it really is hard to cut back down again. Once the children went back to school  I tried to cut down and feel that I am now eventually getting there!

I am very pleased that my running is now back on track too as I am training for the London marathon in April, I really do need to get the miles back up.

Monday is the day I can fit my long run in, I managed to get up to 10 miles last week and 11 miles today, which is pleasing. One thing I really wish though was that Santa had brought me was some new running clothes.

It really cheers you up having something new to wear for running especially when you do not feel like getting out the door.

That is the hardest part of running for me is the first step, all dressed in my running kit, trainers on and ready to run. Especially when it is so cold outside and warm n cozy inside!!

A big help to cheer me up my winter blues was last week when I was offered some new running kit from Sportsshoes to review.

Yeah new running kit...


I was pleasantly surprised when I visited their website with the price of the Nike running kit. I usually go for sport shops own brand as they are the cheapest to buy but I always love the Nike products. I picked out 5 pieces of Nike kit that can all be mixed and matched for less than £90.00.


This is the kit I got for racing and running the London marathon in. I do not like anything around my knees when trying to go fast so this kit is perfect for fast training and racing. These 2 in 1 shorts feel a really nice fit.

If cold I can layer both tops the long sleeve compression top keeps you comfortable and dry and the reflective shirt over the top is perfect to be seen running at night.


These straight leg running tights feel great and good for going to the gym to do exercise classes as well as running. They look great with both tops.


These running tights feel great on to, I can't wait to try them out on a running club night now. I feel as though I will be able to run fast in these.

Overall thoughts:
I am very please with all the items I received. They all fit perfect, look great and are really good prices. I have my training, gym wear and race kit all ready for the next few months now.

Want help with training and nutrition?
They have a lots of expert advice over at The Running Hub for anything you need to know about running, sportswear and nutrition.

About this post- I got to choose some running kit from Sports Shoes for the purpose of this review. All thoughts are my own honest option and I was not paid for this post.

SHARE:
Blogger Template Created by pipdig