Food. Fashion. Fitness.

Wednesday 12 March 2014

Men's T-shirt Up-cycled Into A Ladies Vest And Scarf...


On my re-cycle/up-cycle re-fashion challenge I was very pleased with the out come of this t-shirt my son brought but never wore much and gave it me to clear out. I made a man's t-shirt into a ladies vest and scarf!!


What you need~
  • T-shirt with a rolled neck
  • Sharp scissors 

What I did~
  • Cut both sleeve off just below the inside of the seams (as above).
  • Cut around the neckline (as above).
  • Pull the material softly to make a curl effect.
  • I cut the back a little lower.
  • Cut the end circles off the sleeves where the material is doubled, cut along the seam out so to make long strips and tie the ends (as below).
  • Place the strips behind both arm holes on the back and tie together at the front of the back (as 2 pictures down).

Vest all done...


Scarf:
  • Cut, level and cut the seam that was left on from the t-shirt off.
  • Cut in upwards strips as far up as you would like.
  • Pull softly to make them curl slightly.
  • Tie a double knot in every other 2 so not to rip any more. 


What do you think?

I loved doing this with t-shirts, and it looks so different.

No t-shirt is safe now!!

I will be refashioning a few now...

SHARE:
Blogger Template Created by pipdig