Food. Fashion. Fitness.

Tuesday 1 April 2014

Stars Are Coming Out Tonight : Up-cycled!!


Another up cycle project ... love these and I am so proud of designing them, haha! 
Who in the world has a pair of jeans like this eh?


 The original idea I made up along the way. 

My son gave me a pair of jeans, I picked him these up from Jack and Jones a few years ago in the sale, The colour was just not for him so he never wore them. 

He told me to put them in the charity bag but a brand new pair of jeans that had never been wearing was just a waste... Yes!?

With my son being over 6 foot tall, the were too long for me. I love the colour, so I thought they would look good as 3/4 jeans.

Cutting them down I came up with an idea, that leads to another...

Then the star jeans were created...




Before~


What you need~
  • An old pair of jeans or a pair you will never wear!
  • A 3/4 pair you like to cut your jeans to the same length.
  • Pinking shears.
  • Star cookie cutter.( that you will never use for cookies)
  • Bleach.
  • Pot and brush for bleaching.


What I did~
  • Rolled the 2 turns down on my favourite 3/4 jeans and place on top of jeans I want to cut down.
  • Cut just under line (so not to cut other jeans) with pinking shears.
  • Test bleaching skills on a bit of material that is wasted!
  • Bleach all around inside of star for full star effect, or put the cookie cutter into bleach then press onto jeans for just a star shape.
  • Decided a pattern before starting, bleach can not be undone.
  • Best to put something inside jeans like a bit of card? I forgot and it did go through to the back, but lucky for me I stared over these.
  • Place random stars all over the front and then back with bleach.
  • Be careful not to drip bleach onto jeans (again I did!) as you don't notice when wet but do when dried.
  • I added a few random star shapes on pockets.
  • Lastly, I bleached lines with brush down jeans, around pockets and around tops for more effects.
  • Leave for a few hours to bleach, you will notice them changing from an orange colour to a creamy colour.
  • When at a colour you like to pop into a quick wash and leave to dry.
  • Iron and put back 2 turns back at bottoms.


Remember~

Stars don't have to be perfect, do they? they would just look to shop brought!

Random patterns make them all the more unique and much more fun :)


SHARE:
Blogger Template Created by pipdig