Food. Fashion. Fitness.

Thursday 13 November 2014

Roast Butternut Squash With Potatoes...



On Sunday it was the first time I had cooked Butternut Squash before and I loved it...

Yummy and sweet, {so I was bound to like it}.

 Took me ages trying to peel it though, my knifes are so 'cheap and tacky' trouble is I don't like sharp knifes in case I cut my fingers as I'm daft like that!!

I roasted the Butternut Squash with Potatoes, and added dried herbs to give a sweet and not so sweet twist to them, they tasted delicious...


What you need~
  • 1 large Butternut Squash
  • 1 Large Potato
  • 2 Tbsp Olive oil
  • 2 Tbsp margarine
  • 1 Tbsp dried Rosemary
  • 1 Tbsp dried Basil
  • Sprinkle of salt, pepper, and chilli and garlic 


Method~
  1. Preheat oven 180c
  2. Peel, de-seed and chop the Butternut Squash into small cubes.
  3. Peel, and chop the potato into small cubes.
  4. Pour over olive oil, sprinkle Rosemary, Basil, Salt, Pepper, Chilli and Garlic over and mix well in the oil.
  5. Place the margarine in bits over the top of the mix.
  6. Roast for around 50 minutes, until cooked through. Mixing them around and turing them over, half way through.


Other roasted vegetables ~




I love roasted vegetables with my Sunday dinners, especially in Winter...

What are your favourite Roasted sides?

SHARE:
Blogger Template Created by pipdig