Food. Fashion. Fitness.

Tuesday 5 January 2016

6 Goals For 2016 Fitness Tuesday...


An apple a day keeps the doctor away!?  

Lets hope so!! 

Eek can you believe I got poorly on Christmas day!? Typical. I was so ill and I got tired walking from room to room. Thankfully it only lasted a few days and now I am back to full strength and can run again.


Another year has flown by again, don't you think?

Now it is  time to forget about the past and make new plans for an healthier 2016.

Who is with me?

I did not do to great in 2015 so I am determining to do better with my diet and fitness this year. I want to make it my best year ever for running but I have a lot of changes to make first. Like hiding the biscuit tin and getting out the door ready to run!

This year I have kept my goals small so I hopeful can achieve them all.

Simple Eh?

Eat, Sleep, Conquer, Repeat, or so they say.
My husband and youngest son did a whole run streak in  2015. Which they ran every single day. Even days they were rushed off their feet, busy with life or not feeling 100% they managed to do it.

So this is my biggest goal of the New Year to achieve.


1.) Run at least a mile a day. To achieve a run streak for the year. Also to enjoy running again instead of going out hating it but then enjoying it one I am out.


2.) Eat more fruit and veg: I love fruit and veg but I get full quickly and end up leaving it. Smaller portions and more veg on a plate. Also some fruit takes me ages to eat like apples so more juicing and more smoothing.


3.) Go to the gym every week: I have a gym membership but I can't remember the last time I went! It was around 2 months ago! Time management is on this list too!!


4.) Plan a 10k or half marathon race. Something to work for on my runs.


5.) Smash my Parkrun pb: I set a person best at Parkrun years ago and still not beat it. This is the year to get close up to it and then smash it!


6.) Cut down on sugar: Grrrrr I have a love hate relationship with sugar. I love it but want to hate it. It is very additive. Once I have a cup of tea and a biscuit sneaks in first thing. The day goes down hill from then on and I need it every hour!

Monday:

3 miles run. Up to park with Mollie The Border Collie. Run, sprints and jog through park.

Tuesday :

Another 3 miles run with Mollie. How can I get out in a morning without here? Impossible!! On the other hand it is good though. Would I really want to get up on my own and run early in Winter!?


Wednesday:

So windy and sludgy but me and Mollie the Collie got out and did 3 a miles run in the woods.


Thursday:

3 miles run with Mollie. Getting good at getting some miles in with her.

Friday: 

4 miles run done. 3 in the morning with Mollie. One in the afternoon with my son.

Saturday :

3 and a half miles run done. 2 in the morning with Mollie. 1 and a half in the afternoon with my son.

Sunday:

Rest day. But I am doing a #Runstreak so 1 and a half miles run with Mollie and my daughter.


Monday:

3 miles run. Up early with Mollie, my son and daughter. Out running in the rain. Doing loops in the park around them playing fissbee with Mollie.

Trying to be healthy:







So lastly A big congratulations to my 12 year old son.

Who as mentioned above, ran every day for a whole year in 2015!!

He is my inspiration to run more this year..

This picture was taken on his last run of the year, when it just so happened to be pouring it down with rain!!

SHARE:
Blogger Template Created by pipdig