Food. Fashion. Fitness.

Sunday 10 January 2016

The Laughing Cow Cheese And Chicken Wraps..


To help me kick-start my New Years healthier eating plan, The Laughing Cow Extra Light sent me some yummy 2% fat cheese triangles and some other healthy ingredients to help get me started.


We have been enjoying these yummy cheese triangles on crackers instead of bread for lunch, in salads as sides on our dinner and as a little extra for the children's lunch boxes. 

I have also added then into a chicken wrap in exchange for mayonnaise. 


As my husband has had I cold around Christmas that keep hanging around, I made these Chicken and Cheese wrap with a nice kick of chillies and onion in them.

I also made extra ones for the youngest to children, minus the onions and chillies.

We all loved them.

This recipe also works great with some left over chicken meat from your Sunday dinner. As my 2 eldest boys are back at uni, we have more spare chicken than usual!! They could work well instead of sandwiches in the children's lunchboxes.


Make 4 wraps:
  • 4 wheat sandwich wraps
  • 2 Large chicken breasts, cooked and left to cool and sliced
  • 8 Laughing Cow extra light cheese triangles
  • 225g Chopped onions
  • 50g of wild rocket
  • 1 tablespoon of chopped red chillies in white wine vinegar
  • Chopped lettuce, tomatoes and cucumber
  • Extra Laughing Cow Cheese for side salad

Method:
  1. Cook your chicken breasts according to time and weigh on pack. Set aside to cool and slice.
  2. Prepare your salad.
  3. Fry your onions and add a tablespoon of chillies in white vinegar just before the onions are cooked. Stir and set aside.
  4. Warm your wraps in microwave according to pack.
  5. Spread 2 Laughing Cow cheese triangles on each wrap.
  6. Then add lettuce, tomatoes, cucumber and sliced chicken on top. 
  7. Spoon the onions on and wrap them up to keep all the ingredients inside.
  8. Add side salad and enjoy. 

Have you tried The Laughing Cow cheese triangles?

About this post:

I got sent some The Laughing Cow Cheese and some other ingredients to try out and make a recipes. I was not paid for this post and all thoughts are my own honest option.


SHARE:
Blogger Template Created by pipdig