Food. Fashion. Fitness.

Sunday 17 April 2016

Desk to Drinks Challenge With House of Fraser...


Last week House Of Fraser asked me, if I would like to take part in a fun fashion outfit challenge. Share an outfit that can be dressed down for the office and yet can also be styled up for a night out : The Desk To Drinks Challenge. (Just in case you go out then out out!!)


As part of the fun challenge, I got to choose one of their beautiful prom dresses to share how I would style it.

It just so happens I am looking for a new job so a nice dress for work and after work drinks with friends would be perfect.

I picked out a lovely plain cream dress, with 50's styled cars. One that would not stand out too much, blending in nicely for work. It would have also looked great for a night out with chunky blue shoes to stand out a bit more. For some reason on ordering I forgot to select the car pattern. Doh, what am I like!?



When my dress arrived then it was a big surprise as it was not one I thought I ordered. 

At first I thought; 

Oh no! 

This dress will be too loud for work. House of Fraser kindly offered me an exchange, even though it was my fault, but I decided to stay with this dress as I realised how lovely it was. 

It could be me after all!? 

I would just need to tone it down for work and only wear some nice heels for drinks. 

Easier than I first thought!?

From desk:


I styled the dress with a black cardigan and low heeled boots. It would look great in an office with a black blazer and black flat shoes, which are next on my shopping list.


It looks lovely dressed down for work.

To Drinks: 


This dress is so pretty and loud I think it looks best with plain shoes or sandals. Black, white, orange or red would be perfect. I went for red.


Love it with my red shoes..

What do you think of my outfit ideas?

How would you style this dress from desk to drink?

I was sent this dress from House of Fraser. All thoughts are my own. I was not paid for this post. Thanks for supporting the brands that I work with.

SHARE:
Blogger Template Created by pipdig