Food. Fashion. Fitness.

Tuesday 10 May 2016

What!? How!? Why!?When!?


It is no secret that losing weight in your 40's is hard work. It is a big surprise when you find out you have gained weight over the last few month though!

I am not a fan of weighting myself regular; but now I have weighted myself, I dislike it even more!

I run, I bike and I go to the gym but I have still put on 10lb of weight over the last few months.

What!? How!? Why!?When!?


Over the last 10 years I have been lucky with my weight. All was good for me when I started running. Around 12 years ago. It took a while for the weight that I gained having 4 children to drop off. Eventually I lost weight. I was thinner than I was in my early teenage years. Yes lighter than the age of 13.

This made me feel good about my weight and myself. I kept running, I ate whatever I wanted. I stayed the same weight. Easy!

Now something has changed. Guess I am getting older and I still like to eat lots of food. Maybe I I have got lazier with my fitness regain!?


Being a stay at home mum means I can eat whenever I like. I usually wake up around 7 am. I have 2 slices of jam or honey on toast for 1st breakfast. Walk/run with Mollie by 9 am. Have 2nd breakfast, time for cereal and milk. Then 3rd breakfast around 11am. Maybe a  smoothie or poached egg on toast. Not forgetting a cup of tea and some biscuits throw in before noon. I guess 3 breakfasts a day is not working for me any more. I also snack throughout the day leaving me full for dinner too.


Lately I have been trying on some of my pretty dresses and they are getting to tight :(

Not to mention all my jeans and jeggings no longer fit me. I now realise something has to be done!!

 I am still chasing my dream Parkrun under 25 minutes time too for the end of the year.


I am now trying to change my routine.

Wake up and just had a coffee before running with Mollie.

Then home for breakfast something healthier like poached egg on toast.

A run to the gym and a salad for lunch.


Hopefully this will shift my weight gain in 5 weeks so I can fit comfortable in my dresses again in time for Brit Mums Live..

What!? 

10lb gain!!

How!? 

Too much nice food!?

Why!?

Love my food?

When!?

5 weeks it needs to be gone!!

Clothes c/o Asics 

*I was sent some samples as part of the #RunLonger campaign. All thoughts are my own. I was not paid for this post. Thanks for supporting the brands that I work with.*

SHARE:
Blogger Template Created by pipdig