Food. Fashion. Fitness.

Tuesday 6 December 2016

Bikes Through The Decades With Halford's...


How quick has this year gone by!? Christmas is now just around the corner. The children are nearly a week into their Advent Calendars and the countdown is on for the big day. As usual we are thinking of last minute gifts. Me and Hubby have also started reminiscing about Christmas presents that we did or didn't receive. We both agree that one of the all time classic presents is a child’s first bike.

Can you remember your first bike? My first one was a beautiful shiny blue bike with a bright pink elephant on the seat, a 3 wheeled trike!! In fact my Mum and Dad still have it in their shed after all these years!! How cool.


My all time favourite bike as a child though, was the ultimate style classic from the 70s; The Chopper.

Being a 70's child everyone used to have Choppers, Grifters or the Strika all made in Nottingham I believe. and I was so envious of them. One of my babysitters at the time, always used to have her Grandson popping by on his Chopper. I remember having a "backie" on it, and being very worried I would get told off because it said no passengers. He must have known I loved the bike because as he got that bit older and got the Raleigh Burner he gave me not one but two choppers. An orange one and a red one. I did feel proper grown up on them. Like a miniature Hells Angel!! I really wish I knew what happened to those bikes now!! They certainly aren't in Mum and Dads shed. I checked.!!

With that classic present in mind, at Halfords we have wound back the clock and are showcasing some of the most iconic bikes of all time. From the bikes that became part of popular culture to traditional favourites to the almost-forgotten gems. “Bikes through the Decades”

Take a trip down memory lane with iconic bikes through the decades and relive the memory of your first bike with Halfords.

Were you a 50's child? Did you own a cruiser? The classic paper boy bike.
A 60's child? Did you get chance to  get your hands on a limited edition Bowden Spacelander? With only 544 shipped worldwide before production was halted, it made them the most sought after bicycles of this decade.
Were you like me; a 70's child who owned the classic Chopper.
A 80's child and own one of the cool Raleigh Vektar's or Burner's.
The 90's child who owned a BMX? My oldest son still has his!!
2000's and owned a Fixie bike?

*This post is commissioned by Halfords. All thoughts are my own. Thanks for supporting the brands I work with*
SHARE:
Blogger Template Created by pipdig