Food. Fashion. Fitness.

Tuesday 24 January 2017

Philips #HealthyHabitSwap...


{Philips #HealthyHabitSwap review/campaign}.


My New Years Resolution goals are going surprisingly well.

I am really enjoying running again and love working out at the gym when I have some spare time. I particularly love the spinning classes. Getting to push yourself really hard, knowing you have had a good workout once you have finished.

Running is very slowly but surely starting to feel easier again, just my pace I want to work on now. I want to knock off 5 minutes on my Parkrun time this year. To get back to my PB; Which was one of my goals for last year, but that is a whole different story!! 

Being part of a running club definitely, helps to push myself more. 


Me at the end of Parkrun on Saturday. Still smiling too!!

My next step is improving my eating habits. One thing I struggle with is all kinds of treats. I have a bit of a sweet tooth and when I have done some exercise I tend to lean toward the biscuit tin for some instant energy!



A few weeks ago Philips asked me if I would like to take part in their #HealthyHabitSwap campaign. The #HealthyHabitSwap focuses on the everyday benefits of juicing and starting new habits so we can make healthy life choices rather than a quick fix New Year’s resolution.


A great way to swap the biscuits, chocolates and cake for a nice and healthy fruity drink instead.


They sent me this Avance Collection Juicer to try and make my own drinks. How cool is this juicer!!

The Philips juicers allow juicing to be a convenient healthy habit that young professionals and families can fit into a busy lifestyle, and the Philips Avance Collection Centrifugal Juicer features unique Fiberboost technology, allowing for 50% more fibres in your glass for a more wholesome juice.


Off to the shops to buy some nice fresh fruit and vegetables. We came back with lots of yummy fruit treats Mangos, Oranges, Apples, Red & Black Grapes, Kiwi's, Pineapples and Grapefruits. Wow.

First up I made a drink to kick-start the day with a healthy juice instead of my morning cappuccino:


Serves 1

Orange, kiwi and carrot breakfast drink:

You will need:
  • 1 Orange 
  • 1 Kiwi
  • 2 Carrots 
Method:
  1. Peel the orange, kiwi and carrots. 
  2. Chop the fruit and veg into large chunks suitable to fit into the juicer. 
  3. Pop onto setting for extra fibre for a few seconds until all fruit is juiced. 

Swapping a can of pop at lunch for a juice:



Blueberry, kiwi, pineapple, grape and apple lunchtime boost:

You will need:
  • 1 Kiwi
  • 50g Blueberries
  • 50g Red grapes
  • 50g Peeled and chopped pineapple 
  • 2 Apples

Method:
  1. Wash the blueberries and grape add to the juicer.
  2. Add chopped pineapple.
  3. Peel kiwi and chop into 4, add to the juicer.
  4. Cut the apple into 4-8 slices and add.
  5. Pop onto setting for extra fibre for a few seconds until all fruit is juiced.

Having a juice at 3 pm instead of a sweet snack, to stop the afternoon slump:



Carrot, apple, orange, pineapple, grape and kiwi afternoon buzz:

Ingredients:
  • 2 Carrots
  • I Medium apple
  • 1 Orange
  • 4 Pineapple chunks
  • Handful red grapes
  • 1 Kiwi
Method:
  1. Peel carrots and chop into 4. 
  2. Cut apple into 4-8 pieces
  3. Peel orange, chop into 4
  4. Wash grapes, peel and chop kiwi and add pineapple chunks to a bowl.
  5. Place all in the juicer. Pop onto setting for extra fibre for a few seconds until all fruit is juiced.
About the Philips Avance Centrifugal Juicer:

Unique FiberBoost technology in the Philips Avance Centrifugal Juicer lets you choose between a clear juice and a thick, wholesome juice with up to 50% more fiber²


RRP:
HR1918/81 (white) - £170
HR1922/21 (silver) - £220
We have been loving making juicy drinks and still have lots of fruit to experiment with. I am making a nice mango and orange with a few other ingredients popped in later once the children are home from school.

I am loving this juicer. It is so easy to use and quick and easy to clean. Phillips say you can clean it in under a minute and although I forgot to time it myself, I would say they are right!! It was so quick to clean which is a bonus!!

About this post:

I was sent a Philips Juicer and voucher to pick up some ingredients. However, all thoughts are my own.

SHARE:
Blogger Template Created by pipdig