Food. Fashion. Fitness.

Thursday 24 August 2017

Sun, Sea, Sand And A Parkrun!!


Sun, Sea, Sand, and a Parkrun!!

Happy Thursday friends. How are you today?

I am tired but happy. We have been away to visit family at the coast and have had a lovely time.

Sun, sea, and sand. How happy does getting away make you feel!?

Sorry if you stopped by for The Wednesday Blog Hop Yesterday? I wasn't sure how long we were going away for and I forgot to set up The Wordless Wednesday blog hop up before we went.

Creative Mondays blog hop was still open and I hope you linked up with us there instead?


Even though we were 160-200 miles away from home we manage to find the local Parkrun in Margate. Yep, we took our running trainer just in case. The only day I ran though ;).


Margate Parkrun...

Running never gets any easier. Especially when there is a  slight hill and the wind is in your face!


All smiles before Parkrun, even though it was over 2 miles warm up to the start. 

How cool running by the sand and sea. Breathing in the fresh air. Love every minute of it. 


After running 2 miles before Parkrun we walked the rest of the way towards the start so we were not to tried before we began.


Love hills anyway... Not!!


Beautiful views, overlooking the sea.


Plus a little break from our warm up. I was already tired, lol.


A large gathering of people around the start. People in running clothes. Always a clue where the start is.


A few family running selfies before.

Smiles all around.


I was not too smiley after a 2 miles warm up, 3 miles Parkrun and an 2 miles run back. I can tell you! Furthest I had run in ages. All good fun though. Over 7 miles in total. Well, a good training day done.


Last fun selfie and then we were off.


Although it was windy and up hill to the finish, I over took 3 people so felt good!


Trying my hardest.


Looks like I am getting nowhere fast!!

I was trying though.

Red faced. I must have been working hard. 2 and a half minutes slower than last week though. It must have been a tougher course.


All finished and time to go back for a nice shower and breakfast.

#TeamParkrun

Sun, Sea, Sand And A Parkrun!!

Do you like to run by the sea?

Have you run Parkrun at Margate before?

SHARE:
Blogger Template Created by pipdig