Food. Fashion. Fitness.

Thursday 14 April 2011

I Hate Racing ...


All day yesterday I had butterflies in my stomach. Trying to balance meals properly for my first race of the year.


Around 5.89 miles long and even though I knew maybe I wasn't on top form but thought maybe I would have beaten last years time ..but didn't. Around 23  seconds slower than  last years time when I was hoping to be a few minutes quicker.


This year thing's have got to change if I want to improve on my running,lots of improvements to make and not just hoping I will just get better without trying....


Today's race:
  • Mile one: All uphill and as everyone keeps saying don't go of to fast guess what? oh yes I did. 8.33 pace I felt tired at the top......
  • Mile two: Great all down hill just went with the flow..  7.56 pace
  • Mile three: Towards the end of this mile I got stitch,really bad oh no it must have been that large bag of chips+sausage I had for lunch or maybe that donut,teacake with butter jam or toast with butter and jam 2 hour before the race.7.44 pace
  • Mile four: Really bad stitch and I though to myself  when will it go?
  • will i finish my race?
  • 8.26 pace
  • Mile five: New lease of life now where did this come from?
  • Stitch went and I started to feel good again all the way to the end,8.10 pace
  • Last bit of the race: 5.8 Great but tired,very tired.8.20 pace.
  • Not a good run,slower than last year but I'm letting this one go.Moving on hopefully.
  • I learned a lot from last night's race.

  1. I hate racing!!!!
  2. I hate pushing myself.
  3. I had far to much to eat all day.
  4. I have to pace myself better.
  5. I need to drink more water.
  6. I need to cut down on cakes and biscuits.
  7. I need to loses some weight 1-2 stone for racing,.
  8. I need to change all above.
  9. Add lots and lots of core strength exercises.

4 Weeks until my next race and hopefully a much better blog post!! Will I learn from this race?Knowing me, probably not!!



SHARE:
Blogger Template Created by pipdig