Food. Fashion. Fitness.

Friday 23 October 2015

Fitness Friday : Could You Run Everyday?


Could you run everyday? I know I can't. I try every New Year. 1st Resolution, go out on a run everyday. I once lasted until February, but then fell off the wagon. So Fitness Friday today with my running hero. My 12 year old son!


In January he made a New Years Resolution. To run at least one mile every day. We are now nearly in November and he is still going strong.  Even when we have been away on holidays, or days out. Even in the pouring rain and last Winters snow.  As Roy Castle used to say "Dedication's all you need."

Now he mostly runs 1-3 miles each day. Last week, we went to the park with him to encourage him on.


Sometimes it can be lonely being a runner. Everyone loves someone to cheer them on. So we carried a track suit and some water. He has enjoyed this year and now sees a daily run as part of his routine. He is thin healthy and fighting fit. Maybe next year I will try and join him?!!

Obviously in my day we probably ran just as much. We called it Tiggy, or Hide and Seek or Catch Can, Kiss Chase etc. All of these seem to have disappeared from childhood games. Being replaced with Tablets, Laptops, Video Games and Mobile Phones. That is a whole new blog topic for another day!!


Linking up with Coombe Mill for country kids.

SHARE:
Blogger Template Created by pipdig