Food. Fashion. Fitness.

Tuesday 14 March 2017

A Muddy Walk In Bakewell...


A muddy walk in Bakewell or should I say a Very Very muddy walk in Bakewell!?

Over the school holidays, a few weeks ago we took a nice family drive out to one of our favourite places, Bakewell. We all dressed up smart but with plenty of clothes on so we were nice and warm when walking. We forgot one thing, though. It is still Winter and there had been lots of rain!!


As soon as we started our walk we all looked at each other and said, oh no mud!!

It was unbelievably muddy and slippy when we were climbing the hills. I was dressed in jeans, my daughter had her new tracksuit bottoms on and my son had his new trainers on. Oh well, we were there now and there was nothing we could do about it other than getting on with it and enjoy it!!


A fallen tree in our path. It was hard crawling under it in the mud. I was just hoping it would not move and squash me as there was no way I wanted to try and climb over it!!


Don't leave me!!


I did go out in clean shoes, honest.


The hills were fun but in some places, there were not much room between the path and a sheer drop. Scary in all the mud. On slip and it would be like a game of snakes and ladders.


Come on Mum. Never leave a man behind.


Aww, Mollie kept coming back to see where I was. Splashing me with mud in her excitement of running around freely.


How cool are the roots of the tree?


I bet it these looks like something out of a scary movie at night time.


Up to the top of the hill and some more trees have blown down in the wind.


How cool are the hand-built walls at the top of the peaks!?


Eventually, it was time to come down the hill. Everyone tired and ready for fish and chips. No walks around the shops for us this day, though. We were all caked in mud.


Time for some pictures.


Mollie really enjoyed her run and got all muddy too.


A bit of rain and mud eh!?


At least we were on the flat now.


How cool are the muddy reflections?


The sheep in the fields looked a bit muddy too.


We all went to the car and fed Mollie whilst my husband fetched the chips. After all, he was the cleanest one out of us all. Lol.

All in all, it was a great day. One we will remember for years to come. That is all that matters. No one remembers the day you sat home all day and did nothing, do they!?

SHARE:
Blogger Template Created by pipdig