Food. Fashion. Fitness.

Saturday 23 September 2017

A Family Day Out In Clumber Park, Nottinghamshire...


Happy Saturday. 

Hope you're having a lovely weekend?

Today I have teamed up with My Voucher Codes; who have some great money saving offers and The National Trust to share one of our favourite days out as a family in Nottinghamshire.

We love to visit Clumber Park it is not too far from home and is a lovely day out for all the family. We like fresh air and open spaces, so the nearly 4000 acres of land in North Nottinghamshire is perfect!

As many of my regular blog readers will know there are a few things we do in our house every day. A daily jog, walking the dog, taking a nice photo, and eating some tasty food!! A day out in Clumber Park we can roll it all into a fun packed day. Start with a run, a nice walk around the garden tea house, picnic on the grass and a walk around the lake. We do not have to worry how long we are out as Mollie our beautiful Collie dog can fit her daily fun in too. Perfect.


Run To Explore:

We are a family of runners {or joggers in mine and my Hubbys case!!}. We love going places where we can get off the road, out into the countryside and pop our running trainers on. 

Clumber Park is an ideal place for running. Loads of paths to explore in a refreshing countryside setting.

You can run for miles here. Every time we come we seem to find a different path to explore. A great way of discovering the secrets of Clumber. Cycling is also popular here(Route 6 of the National Cycle Route), or just traditional walking, it is all exhilarating! 

We keep meaning to run the Lake loop but we always get distracted. maybe next time!! Why not run around the lake loop if you visit? It is around 3.67 miles. Roughly!


Hire A Bike:

If you want to see things quicker and are not a fan of running, you can hire a bike in Clumber Park. I joked with the Hubby about coming back on our own for the day and hiring a Tandem.

What did he say to that ??

You decide!!

 A. That would be fun  B. Maybe or C. No chance in hell


Now what to do next!?

Walled kitchen Gardens? Garden Tea House?


Garden Tea House:

It looked lovely inside and around the Garden Tea House. They sell a selection of homemade dishes and sweet treats. You can eat inside or outside in the garden. When we were looking around Mollie melted the heart of one of the people who worked here and she rushed off to find Mollie a nice treat. 


Walled Kitchen Gardens:

Anyone who reads my blog will know how much I love flowers and taking photos of them. This place is beautiful. So many pretty flowers here. As you can imagine, I have so many photos to share from here. I have picked out a selection of my favourites and I will be sharing the rest next week.

Inside The Giant Conservatory:


Outside In The Walled Kitchen Gardens:


Next up a walk around the big lake and a visit to the bridge.


Clumber Bridge:

A view of the bridge at Clumber park above and from the bridge below.


Clumber Grotto:

On the way back we stumbled upon Clumber Grotto. This was where the water pump was situated. In Victorian days upwards of 500 people lived on the Clumber estate. All needing a good supply of water. Amazingly the machinery is still in place and at times of power failure could still provide an ample water supply. Amazing.


Around The Lake:


I lived even nearer than I do now to Clumber Park when I was growing up. As we have started coming here these past few years, all the memories I had long forgotten have come flooding back.

Playing with my cousins, hiding in the trees, a time of simple innocence and fun.

Hopefully, my Children will have their own fond memories of their time here. With the cameras, we all have nowadays and things like blogs etc. It is so easy to create a lasting memory of any special events in our lives.

How cool would it have been if all of the things we got up to as kids were recorded for posterity?

Although I don't think I would want my kids seeing all the sweets I ate, or how late I stayed up, or how messy my room was. On second thoughts!!

Listed below is the daily price for entrance into the heart of Clumber.

Prices list:

                                          Gift Aid   Standard
Adult                                     £3.85    £3.50
Child                                     £1.95    £1.75
Family                                   £9.65   £8.75
Family (1 Adult, 2 Children) £5.80   £5.25

If you are one of the 4 million plus members of the National Trust obviously access is FREE.


Have you ever visited Clumber Park before?

Are you a member of The Nation Trust?

About this post: I’m working with My Voucher Codes and the National Trust promoting great family days out in Nottingham. All thoughts are my own.Thank you for supporting the brands I work with.

Sharing out outdoor fun over at Coombe Mill and My Sunday Photo.

SHARE:
Blogger Template Created by pipdig