Food. Fashion. Fitness.

Sunday 8 September 2013

Change Of Plan...


A long run was planned for me today as I had to add some miles onto my training.

With only 3 weeks until my Robin Hood half marathon I have only manage one or two run above 6 miles with the school holidays.

I decided to run so far out and turn around at 10 miles, my husband drives home along this road from work so we had arranged he could pick me up.

Armed with my water bottle filled with pop, my Garmin to time the miles and distance and my I-pod to keep me singing along the way.

Wow I though Nottingham was just around the corner as it only takes you 45 minutes in the car but not when you try and run there!! it feels like it could take forever. Happily singing to Eminem, Pink and of course the lovely Robbie Williams the sun was on my side, popping behind the clouds every so often so not to make me to warm. Miles down the road I ended up at a cross road. Do I wait to cross the busy road or change my route plan to make it 10 miles before I turn around?

I changed my route, up the hill and into a side street only to run into a bush full of wasps!! I could see them flying around my head in my shadow, how lucky was I not to get stung by one? Phew I turned around crossed the road and quickly started heading for home.

Up to12 miles felt good but last mile I got a trap nerve and had to come to a stand still. It had been trying to trap all week and what a time to showed up?...Ouch had to stop straight away with the pain and try and stretch my back out. So glad I was getting a lift home or I would have cried all them miles away from home. It was ok ish after 5 minutes then I managed the one last mile I had planned to do before I meet my husband. What a coincident I stopped the watch, and my husband showed up , talk about great timing...
  • 13 miles planned done!!
  • 2 hours 15 minutes it took me
  • Average pace 10.15
  • And 1539 calories burned
  • Now what shall I have to eat??
  • Whoop whoo...
SHARE:
Blogger Template Created by pipdig